Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New near Toronto diving head-first into fabricating!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New near Toronto diving head-first into fabricating!

Heya,

I'm Fletcher and I've been reading the boards for a while, joined and continued to read and learn. After much research between the ford 4.6 and gm's 5.7 and other gm truck motors i decided on spending a bit more for the all aluminum 5.7. A friend of mine on a local forum was planning a crazy build to his 01 vette. Got his long block for a good price and i've been looking for other drivetrain parts since the summer.

The recipient chassis was a blast to drive with it little 1.6 4banger, but on a spirited drive back from the cottage the 23 year old motor gave out. Old drivetrain is out. I'm in the process of stitchwelding the car then plan on tubing it before the ls1/t56 goes in. still need a t56 this particular hybrid has been attempted by very few people and through extensive google searches, i know of only 2 ls motors in this chassis, hoping to be the third!

Feel free to let me know of good deals on parts or free knowledge you may know of that may help me with the build. So far all i have is a longblock LS1 w/o accessories and a willingness to learn. I'm doing all this on a student budget, so i would prefer to make any parts i can if i can learn from the process and save some money
Old 11-07-2010, 08:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Welcome