Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel lines for a Buick A-body

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 01:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Fuel lines for a Buick A-body

I'm starting to gather up parts & pieces to convert my GS California (455 Stage 1 & 4 speed) over to LS power. When I restored the car I added the correct BBB single fuel line. But in reading the tech on this swap I see that I will also need a return line.

So, what line to get? Should I just get a 5/16 stock return line and plumb it into the existing set up? OR fab something else up? Anyone got pic's of thier set-up on a 68-69 A Body?

Planning on using a Walbro 255 external pump, mounted in the frame forward of the LCA's & along the existing route of the fuel line.

Anybody want to buy a '64 BBC Nova?

Jim
Old 10-21-2010, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your return line can be AN or rubber line...or a stock style hard line...its up to you how you want to run it....what are you using for a fuel pressure regulator?....if your trying to keep the factory look i would use a corvette c5 filter/reg combo and a factory hard line....i have read bad things about inline fuel pumps...but some people on here don't have any issues...
Old 10-21-2010, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't have pics cuz mine isn't assembled yet. I used -6 AN feed and return line to the Corvette fuel filter/regulator and a single feed line to the fuel rail on my LS3 for my 70 Monte Carlo. I'm using a Walbro inline fuel pump though.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default fuel lines

Thanks guys. Anybody else have pic's?

I am going to run the 3/8" hard line (feed line) and plumb in the Walbro pump. Hadn't thought about a fuel regulator. Should this be installed at the firewall, prior to the fuel rail, or somewhere else. Not too worried about a total stock install. Afterall, the motor in question is like 45 years newer than a Big Block Buick.

I'll take a look at the Fine Lines catalog for a return line and let everyone know how this all works out.

Jim
Old 10-22-2010, 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The return line only needs to be a foot or so long, you don't need to run it all the way from the front of the car. Mount a Corvette filter/regulator in the rear, by the tank, and the return might be only a few inches long.

Regards, John McGraw
Old 10-22-2010, 11:39 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John McGraw
The return line only needs to be a foot or so long, you don't need to run it all the way from the front of the car. Mount a Corvette filter/regulator in the rear, by the tank, and the return might be only a few inches long.

Regards, John McGraw
DITTO

Quick Reply: Fuel lines for a Buick A-body