Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

06 GTO Turbo Daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 03:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 GTO Turbo Daily driver?

I sometimes cruise these forums but mostly on the truck side. I am overseas and plan on coming back sometimes next year. I will have a **** load of money saved. I plan on buying a 06 GTO 6speed. I also plan on Full exhaust and a rear mount turbo 7psi. I am not too familiar with force induction but am doing some research with the help of a couple of mechanics I would also like to get some of your opinions. This car is going to be my road trip/daily driver. Is a turbo the right rout to go? I do plan on driving across texas and some when it is complete. My truck after this will become my offroad toy and less of a daily driver unless I need to pull a trailer.

Here is the kit I plan on buying...
http://www.turbo-kits.com/gto_turbo_kits.html
Old 10-23-2010, 01:45 PM
Teching In

I'm not sure if it is lol. Turbo DD's tend to be eh. I don't know anything about the kit but i'm staying away from turbo on my DD. I don't want to replace the turbo when i blow it.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i would not waste my time on the gto with a rear mount. front mounts are a bit more responsive in a heavy car.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go with a Procharger set-up. A rear mount is one of the worst power adders for a DD, believe me i went down that road. The rain, and the crap on the road beats them up, not to mention you need to keep an eye on your oil pressure at all times or you could lose you're turbo, or even motor.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by _Adrenaline_
Go with a Procharger set-up. A rear mount is one of the worst power adders for a DD, believe me i went down that road. The rain, and the crap on the road beats them up, not to mention you need to keep an eye on your oil pressure at all times or you could lose you're turbo, or even motor.
Word. +1
Old 10-23-2010, 06:28 PM
Launching!

I have had a sts for almost 4 years now. I daily drove it with no problems( no winters) for two years. It makes good power and runs good. The car really became fun when I put a 3000 stall in it.

My tuner bought a procharged gto after tuning my car. He liked the idea of great power and DD ability. He sold his 10 sec nitrous camaro (texas speeds old car) and bought the gto. He then sold the procharger and went with a twin turbo kit.

Quick Reply: 06 GTO Turbo Daily driver?