LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

auto fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto fog lights

Is there a way to have the fog lights turn on automatically?
Old 10-24-2010, 10:28 PM
Launching!

yeah switch the wiring with your main lamps and let the DRL sensor turn on your fog lights instead of your headlights ... means youre going to have to splice and elongate some wires and have to hit the fog light switch everytime you want to turn on the headlights but it would work ...

somebody else talked about and ive been contemplating doing the same thing as i hate the DRL's and almost always have the fog lights on ... but there could be voltage/signal problems ...
Old 10-25-2010, 05:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would imagine you could get some kind of warning on the DIC for modifying the wiring. Unless somehow you completely switched the fog and headlights with the wiring so that the car wouldn't notice the difference... Of course that is pure speculation and the only way to know, is to try.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

or you could but a relay in there and when the relay sees that ur headlight are on they will kick on too.
Old 10-25-2010, 09:13 AM
Launching!

When I got my HID's, I was able to switch the wiring easy. So my fogs are my DRLs. The only thing that sucks, if Im driving at night, and need my brights, it shuts my headlights off, when I pull the brights, because it technically recognizes the headlights as my fogs. I don't use the brights much, but if you do, I wouldn't recommend switching.