Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird surge under acceleration. HELP?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 11:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Weird surge under acceleration. HELP?

I have all boltons with LT's. I get this weird surge at estimated 2450rpms give or take definately between 2400-2500rpm. I noticed it one day when I changed out the maf ends for ported ones that I had on another camaro and it did it bad, never got any CELs but you could feel it really bad so I took them off and replaced with the MAF ends that were already on the car when I bought which is descreened. I noted that it does it as well just not as bad with the ported descreened MAF ends. When replacing I did disconnect the BATT. But did not fix anything now that I know it's there it bugs the hell out of me. The car does have the LS6 intake with a mail order tune from frost. The car itself is a 98 Camaro Z28. I wonder if this surge is causing the CEL I get sometimes under WOT which the code reads BANK 1 SENSOR 2 low voltage. same for the oppsite side. Anybody have a clue what this is. I might need to get a dyno tune but only after I do a cam.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:09 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That sounds bad (the low voltage codes)... as in the car is dead lean at WOT. Do you have a stock MAF laying around that you can try out in the car?

Quick Reply: Weird surge under acceleration. HELP?