Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

When asking for tire advice - Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 02:53 PM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When asking for tire advice - Please Read

Guys and Gals,

Help me to help you. . I typically see threads that say some like " Whats the best tire for my car?" . In a lot of these the poster does not list what car he/she drives, what sizes they would like to run and/or does not list what he/she is looking for out of the next set of tires. Examples would be dry grip, wet traction , tread life ect. Also how do you use the car? Examples are Drag, HDPE, Auto X, daily driver and similar. It would help me and other forum members to give better advice if more detailed information was given.

Here is an example of what a more detailed tire question would look like.

I have a 00 Pont Trans AM WS6 and running the stock size 275/40R17. The car never sees cold or snow. I am a sprited street driver and looking for good handling and street grip. I also see some rain so wet traction is important as well. I am hoping to get 25-30k miles out of my next set. What do you guys suggest?

I can look at the above information and make a solid recommendation to what will meet this members needs. I want to make sure your happy with your choice.
Old 10-26-2010, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great suggestion Rudy! Be warned you could possibly eliminate some of the "spoon fed" souls here... . Again, welcome aboard!

Btw, recieved your PM...thank-you!!
Old 10-29-2010, 02:37 PM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't mind spoon feeding.. Just want to have my facts straight and I think this helps everyone on the forum make a better recommendation. If you need anything else let me know.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

This should be just common sense; however, we all know that common sense isn't so common.