Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible PCV issue? Need insight

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible PCV issue? Need insight

The last few times I've driven my car for a while, it would idle high after I had finished my trip. Every so often it would set the SES light for the high idle speed code. Finally getting sick of this I wanted to figure out what the issue was and dug in to it.

I run a RevX catch can and had my stock pcv valve in-line with the can as shown in this diagram which I found in another thread:

I empty my catch can regularly and I know it is doing its job. When I removed my TB There was a TON of junk in the clean side which is shown in the picture (to the point it was completely full of light brown goo).

My question is, is something in my PCV system causing my higher idle? If so, where do I need to make a change? My current setup matches the diagram in the picture above, but I am wondering if having my stock PCV valve in there with the integrated PCV valve in the can is causing the issue on the clean side.

Any help is appreciated, I'm just trying to get this figured out, thanks!

Last edited by MjMaro; 10-27-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In doing some more reading i'm seeing that the vacuum should pull from the TB opening to the pass. valve cover on the clean side. It appears I have the reverse happening? Still trying to figure this out.