Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My CTS LS1 project....

Old 10-27-2010, 08:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My CTS LS1 project....

Hey guys,
I am new on here and came here because i was recommended by a friend. I have a 2003 CTS that is no longer really doing it for me .. . I have been thinking about making it my own cts-v if you will. I was wondering if anyone on here has even considered the swap of motors ( ls1 or other) into the stock cts. I was conscerned about a few issues such as the rear end and tranny fitting and am open to ideas. I would be wanting the six speen tranny of course to go in it. Any and all respectable suggestions welcome. thanks guys
Old 10-27-2010, 09:08 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

find a totaled ctsv from your year/body style and do a full swap. easiest way to go
Old 10-27-2010, 09:35 AM
Teching In

I thought of that... I mean i have a friend who does the work so its not a matter about how "hard" it is... they didnt make the CTS v in 2003 to my knowlegde. I was just wondering if anyone had done this or would know what rear end etc to make it easiest. I heard they make the motor mount kits so thats good news
Old 10-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Launching!

I think they might make kits, but even if they didn't make a v series your year thats why I said bodystyle because there was one of that body generation I know for sure it just wasnt till 2004 but I'd be willing to bet that they share the same mounting points as your car since they had the same body. just like the v6 vs ss/z28 f body where all you really needed to do was swap the k-member. I think you'd probably be the happiest with that (just my opinion) especially with the fact that they would all be factory parts then
Old 10-28-2010, 09:32 AM
On The Tree

I am not sure what a 2003 CTS is worth, but I know you can get a CTS-V for around $15k. Maybe just buy one?

If you want to do the build (cheaper, more awesome, etc.) I second the opinion of getting a wrecked one. There will probably be a lot of little things that you will want. Also, it will make it easier to keep the cabin features functional in case there are cabin wiring harness changes that you want to consider. Also, the seats are pretty awesome in the V's. Whatever you don't use you can part out.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Quicker, easier and potentially just as cheap to buy one. But in terms of a swap it seems on the surface like it would be rather easy.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:48 PM
Teching In

lol yeah i just bought a camaro and kept the caddy
Old 04-13-2011, 12:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

id buy a high mileage V, its not just the ls6 and 6 speed that makes the V, its the suspension, big brakes etc. And putting an ls1 in one isnt gonna be much fun the car is too heavy for a stock ls1 motor.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My CTS LS1 project....