Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4" mufflex question

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 05:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 4" mufflex question

okay i recently lowered my car ALOT and am having problems with my duals dragging bigtime. Ive decided its time to go back to a y pipe that i could tuck up a lot nicer. From all the reading ive done the 4" system flows the same as a dual system so i think im going to go with that i just have a few questions.

1) where can i get one or does anyone wanna trade theirs for a TD system
2) how loud are they? im in california and i need it to be somewhat quiet. My TDs have dynomax bullets AND spiral flows
3) whats ground clearence like? can the 4" be tucked up nicely?
4) whats the best muffler to run in them? Someone people run mangaflows, some flowmaster 3 chambers and some spintech? Where would the blanace be between quiet and best flowing

Post pictures if you have them
Old 10-27-2010, 07:27 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a 4" Mufflex single outlet system on my car with the Spintech muffler. It tucks decent for what it is, I've never had problems with it hitting anything. I don't have any pics but here's a vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeZax...e_gdata_player
Old 10-27-2010, 07:29 PM
10 Second Club

Btw, sorry if you can't see the exhaust in the vid. I painted it low gloss black so it wasn't as noticeable. I bought it from Speed Inc too.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have a 4" cutout right after the merge? Or do you figure the whole system flows free enough that it ain't worth it?
Old 10-27-2010, 08:26 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by X-ray
Do you have a 4" cutout right after the merge? Or do you figure the whole system flows free enough that it ain't worth it?
No cutout, I modified the system by adding some nice v-band clamps. So I actually remove the entire system when I go to the track. I only takes a few mins. I have tossed around the idea of adding a cutout when I do my heads/cam setup. The spintech muffler isn't very free flowing but I liked the sound. If I had to do it again I'd probably go with the magnaflow b/c it flows a lot better and sounds killer!!!