Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ms4 check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 06:02 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ms4 check engine light

Ok I put in a ms4 about a week ago,car runs great and is tuned pretty good,the other morning I was driving the check engine light flashed a few times and went away,this am I started it and the engine light flashed a few times and then stayed on,it was cold out but I let it warm up before I pulled out,the car is not making any weird noises or is it running any diffrent,I'm thinking it could be spark plug wire might be a lil loose, or maybe I'm throwing a 02 code,any info would help I'm gonna reset it and see if it comes back if it does when my tuner gets back gonna have him check it out.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ses light flashing is a mis-fire. Scan it and see if it is only one cylinder or multiple cylinders.

Depending on the tune that cam is capable of causing multiple random misfires at idle. Did you have it dyno tuned?
Old 10-30-2010, 06:35 AM
Captain Double Post

Yeah its dyno tuned and runs fine ,I have drove it everyday for the past week and have had no issues,and it isn't running any diffrent ,ill have to look into it a lil more later on,but the tune is pretty much spot on,
Old 10-30-2010, 06:49 AM
Teching In

I put a Ms4 in mine about a month ago and no issues with Ses lights after the tune.

Maybe it's just a plug wire like you said in your first post.

Did you change the injectors with the cam swap? I'm running 42's in mine.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:43 AM
Captain Double Post

I did not change injectors,I ordered 42s also ,when it was on the dyno I believe it was at 6500 rpm and the inj. Were at 97% so he didn't take it any further,would this cause the ses light,I thought of it but I didn't even think it would set that off,it was a really cold out,but I did let it warm up,but it has been fine for the past week and the only abuse I have done was a decent 2nd gear pull 3 days ago ,it has to be something dumb I replaced way more things then I needed to.I'm in the waiting game for the fast intake,injectors,and a set of heads,I also gonna put ls7 lifters in at the time we swap the heads,the tune can use a lil adjusting in the lower rpms though , I don't think the injectors would be causing it to throw the light at low rpms,or am I wrong?
Old 10-30-2010, 08:00 AM
Captain Double Post

The cars build has been coming along pretty good though,has came a long way since I bought It stock a year ago,it will be under going a lot more in the next few weeks once I can put it away for the winter,going to have the t 56 rebuilt with a stage 2 build,12 bolt with 4.10s,new int,and some suspension mods,I have to finish mounting and installing the rear pro stars today or tomm. So I will kinda look a lil bit more as to what's going on, one plug looked a lil loose so maybe that was it,I don't wanna wake up my whole street just yet to find out,I have to get this loudmouth off lol,I like it but it is way to loud and I feel like a *** starting it up at 6 am. What exhaust do you run and how does it sound with your cam?
Old 10-30-2010, 08:48 AM
Captain Double Post

Ok its a o2 sensor,I had autozone scan it since I don't have my laptop,I knew it was something gay,lol
Old 10-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
The cars build has been coming along pretty good though,has came a long way since I bought It stock a year ago,it will be under going a lot more in the next few weeks once I can put it away for the winter,going to have the t 56 rebuilt with a stage 2 build,12 bolt with 4.10s,new int,and some suspension mods,I have to finish mounting and installing the rear pro stars today or tomm. So I will kinda look a lil bit more as to what's going on, one plug looked a lil loose so maybe that was it,I don't wanna wake up my whole street just yet to find out,I have to get this loudmouth off lol,I like it but it is way to loud and I feel like a *** starting it up at 6 am. What exhaust do you run and how does it sound with your cam?
I run the Loudmouth on mine and don't have a problem starting it at 6 am.The neighbors are pretty cool...They say it's their alarm clock.