Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Intake/injector question

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intake/injector question

I'm building an LS6 to drop in my 98 TA. I just bought a victor jr intake, aaron larsen intake elbow, nick williams 90mm TB, 30lb ford injectors, edlebrock fuel rails and all appropriate hardware for $1000 (used) all the parts look DAMN good too.....did I get a good deal?

This is probably a dumb question, but...are those(30lb ford) injectors too small?? Why use Ford injectors?? The LS6 I'm building is nothing too radical. I have full exhaust, all the stuff I mentioned earlier, 243 heads that are bowl blended, shaved .020 with stock pistons, no nitrous, and a road race style cam.

I've read alot of guys using 40-42lb injectors...these are 30lb?? hmmm.....
The dude that sold me this set up had some sick *** rides in his shop and definatly knows fast stuff.....I couldnt imagine him having that setup with injectors that didnt perform well. Can someone explain this for me.......
Old 11-02-2010, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those 30# ford injectors are rated at ford fuel pressure, in an fbod they flow about 36# due to higher pressure. They fit perfectly and have the same electrical connector. I run them.

I like the look of the victor jr intake a lot but it tends to perform best at high RPMs. Unless you are going to be at high RPMs all the time you would probably do better with an LS6 or Fast 90/92 intake. Not sure what you mean by road race cam.