Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My official c4 LSx swap thread.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My official c4 LSx swap thread.

Ok so i got some money saved and im ready to get this project rolling finally.

Car is a 85 c4 corvette that had a body panel swap and LT1 put in.

I have a 700r4 and a 2003 LQ9 that i am putting in, swap will be carbureted.

Despite my original plan, i am in the process of completely stripping the car down, removing all of the carpet and wiring.

I will rhino line the floors and rewire the car completely. Removing all of the LT1 wiring in the car, re wiring just the minimum to be street legal. So just the lights, brake lights, ignition and such. I will run the electric fans off a manual switch. I am using new autometer gauges that i will be putting in some brushed stainless ditching the stock digital gauges and surround.

I got a kit to wire in the lock up of the 700r4 to the brake switch, and can manually lock the converter. And i have a cam speced out that i will be having comp cams grind here soon.

I was going to leave the stock wiring but there is just to much crap in there, and so i figured i would be further ahead to just bite the bullet and save a few migraines. Shouldn't be to hard.

My question that i cant seem to find an answer too is the fuel tank. The plan is to run a new fuel pump and just manually turn it on. So do i keep the stock fuel tank and just disconnect the pump that is in there now and run an inline pump? Or find a fuel cell that will fit in the stock location and use that with an inline pump, run new feed and return lines. This to me seems like it would be a lot easier if i can get the dang stock tank out of the car.

I still need to swap out the accessories on the LQ9, and find a f body oil pan and pick up, every person that ive found selling one has either not gone through with it or wanted way to much.

I will keep everyone updated
Old 11-08-2010, 05:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If your tank is already setup for an electric pump, you need to drop the tank and install a Walbro 255 in it. Let the pcm control the pump. It's made to do that and just one less switch to mount inside.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:03 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1MCSS
If your tank is already setup for an electric pump, you need to drop the tank and install a Walbro 255 in it. Let the pcm control the pump. It's made to do that and just one less switch to mount inside.
The car is going to be carburated, i dont more than like 7psi at the carb.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:37 AM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

There is no such thing as an official swap thread without pictures!
Old 11-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Staging Lane

*SUBSCRIBED* Looking forward to seeing your progress on this, good luck!

Quick Reply: My official c4 LSx swap thread.