Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

500rwhp M6 DR guys, got some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 09:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 500rwhp M6 DR guys, got some questions.

I have not sprayed the car anywhere but the dyno since the cam. I thinking of ideas that will help me out when playing on the street. Here is my thinking right now.

1st gear will have a natraully closed switch set in first gear to keep the bottle from coming on.

2nd gear I am setting the window switch at 4,900 rpm to keep it from coming on right when I shift in to second gear and frying the tires since it spins them pretty good in to second (In at 4,400 rpm, 3.42's shifting at 6600)

3rd comes in at 4,800 so there should be almost no lag on the bottle.

4rth comes in at 5k rpm so no issue there.

Does it seem like an ok idea?
Old 02-02-2004, 10:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How are you going to be controlling the different gear shift/nitrous on/off? Believe the only way is some type of controller (poss F.R.E.D)?

I have tried to "tried" to turn on the arming switch while going from 1st to 2nd. You just can't believe how short your arms are . My system will flat put you back in your set

Just put your window switch on at 4,000 rmp's if that's what you wand and let it rip.

David
Old 02-02-2004, 11:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

David,
I have built a bracket that a natraully closed switch is mounted on by the shifter. When the car is in first gear, it depresses the switch (Looks like a throttle switch) and the circut to the window switch becomes open with no ground. This keeps the bottle from coming on in first gear. Once shifted in to second or any other gear, the switch is then a closed circuit allowing the system to ground properly.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a pretty trick switch setup. Very good idea.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LIL SS
David,
I have built a bracket that a natraully closed switch is mounted on by the shifter. When the car is in first gear, it depresses the switch (Looks like a throttle switch) and the circut to the window switch becomes open with no ground. This keeps the bottle from coming on in first gear. Once shifted in to second or any other gear, the switch is then a closed circuit allowing the system to ground properly.
Got pics? Sounds very interesting...
Old 02-03-2004, 02:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have had the same idea ofmounting a switch to the shifter, but have not done it yet. I'd love to see some pics. How well does it work?

Originally Posted by LIL SS
David,
Old 02-08-2004, 06:44 PM
Teching In

Pics??