Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

04 vette pcm

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 vette pcm

I'm having code problems and it was suggest I check out the pcm, ok I get the throttle part off how the hell do you get the pcm out?

Old 11-08-2010, 12:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

Take those 3 bolts out and also unhook the two plugs on the pcm, I think they are 7mm on the pcm. When I removed my pcm on my Z06 the bracket broke when I unbolted it, it was like $10-$20 from the dealer.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Replacement
Powertrain control module (PCM) service should normally consist of either PCM replacement or electrically erasable programmable read only memory (EEPROM) programming. If the diagnostic procedures require PCM replacement, check the PCM first to see if the correct part is being used.

Important
In order to prevent internal PCM damage, the ignition must be OFF when you disconnect or reconnect the power to the PCM. For example, disconnect the power when you work with the following components:

A battery cable
The PCM pigtail
The PCM fuse
The jumper cables

Important
When you diagnose or replace the PCM, remove any debris from the PCM connector surfaces before servicing the PCM module connector gaskets. Ensure that the gaskets are installed correctly. The gaskets prevent intrusion into the PCM.

Important
The replacement PCM MUST be programmed.

Removal Procedure

Important
It is necessary to record the remaining engine oil life. If the replacement module is not programed with the remaining engine oil life, the engine oil life will default to 100%. If the replacement module is not programmed with the remaining engine oil life, the engine oil will need to be changed at 5000 km (3,000 mi) from the last engine oil change.

Using a scan tool, retrieve the percentage of remaining engine oil. Record the remaining engine oil life.
Remove the wheelhouse filler panel. Refer to Wheelhouse Filler Replacement in Body Front End.
Remove the throttle actuator control (TAC) module. Refer to Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Module Replacement .

Disconnect the PCM electrical harness connectors.
Loosen but do not remove the PCM rear retaining fastener. Use the rear retaining fastener as an anchor for the outer bracket.
Remove the front retaining fastener from the PCM.
Reposition the PCM outer bracket.

Remove the PCM from the bracket and the vehicle.
Installation Procedure

Install the PCM to the PCM rear bracket.
Position the PCM front bracket.
Notice
Refer to Fastener Notice in Cautions and Notices.

Install the PCM front retaining fasteners. Tighten
Tighten the PCM retaining fasteners to 2.0 N·m (17 lb in).

Connect the electrical connectors to the PCM. Tighten
Tighten the PCM electrical connectors to 8 N·m (70 lb in).

Install the TAC module. Refer to Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) Module Replacement .
Install the wheelhouse filler panel. Refer to Wheelhouse Filler Replacement in Body Front End.
If a new PCM is being installed, program the PCM. Refer to Service Programming System (SPS) in Programming.