Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Short in my sail panels?

Old 11-08-2010, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Short in my sail panels?

Here lately my Monsoon system has been being an ******* to me. It started with my front driver speaker blowing out, now my passenger side front speaker pops and rattles (it'll blow out shortly). However that isn't the problem, the problem is: I noticed my sound was considerably quieter in my car, and every few days or so, in the most random fashion, it'll get twice as loud (almost as if the factory subs are kicking in). However, the subs should be going the entire time not just every once in awhile. I don't exactly know what the problem is, but it seems like I have a short. When the subs do come on they stay on until I turn the car off, then I have to wait for them to randomly come on again a few days later. Any input or ideas how to fix this (save an entire speaker replacement)?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Staging Lane

I honestly wasn't terribly disappointed with my Monsoon system before, but now it sounds terrible. It's like only the trunk speakers are working .
Old 11-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Staging Lane

It happened again today! Went outside, turned the car on, and there was a huge amount of sound. Probably 4 times the level of sound I'm used to. Went to my mom's work, turned the car off, and when I came back and turned the car on all of that great sound was gone and I was left with garbage noise . Has this happened to anyone else? Where is this sound going and how do I get it to stay?

Search this Thread