Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help! Getting A lil bored of my Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help! Getting A lil bored of my Camaro

I know this is terrible but the 1 year of me buying my 2002 Z28 is almost here and I am usually the type of person who trades cars alot...I really love my camaro but lately I got offered 11k for it and seriously considered taking it and...no idk if I can say it...getting a.............Mach 1 or Cobra Mustang!

What is wrong with me??

I think I just need to refreshen my love and interest for my car. Its been my DD for a while and I havent had any money for mods so its just kinda been the same old thing...and being an auto there is a little less actual fun to play with now and again

I need some tips of rekindling the love fellas. Help me out...I don't wanna cross over to the dark side!!

BTW does is **** anyone else off that noone on the road seems to know wtf a 4th gen f-body is. Everyone I roll up next to is like. What's that??
HATE how mustangs attract girls and camaros attract old car guys...
Old 11-08-2010, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Put a converter in it. That should hold you over for another year.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

year i considered that but i really dont wanna run a tc without a trans cooler and I also am not decided on what cam and heads and stuff I am doing down the road so I wanna pick tc based on those decisions...any other ideas?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:24 PM
12 Second Club

m6 swap or get a different car for a dd?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd honestly take the $11k and run. lol. It's not too often that you can sell a car for what it's suggested retail value is.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tspence45
I'd honestly take the $11k and run. lol. It's not too often that you can sell a car for what it's suggested retail value is.
Yea sell it if you can get 11K for it. I cant imagine having one of these cars in an auto myself so if its your DD then get something else if thats what you want.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do a tranny swap. I couldn't have a stock auto as a DD either I don't think. Even tho my LT1 formula was the same Ol car I drove everyday it still got me hype to tap the clutch and get sideways or powershift it etc. Just alot more stuff going on to keep me entertained. Just my opinion and nothing more
Old 11-08-2010, 11:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TwitchZ28
I know this is terrible but the 1 year of me buying my 2002 Z28 is almost here and I am usually the type of person who trades cars alot...I really love my camaro but lately I got offered 11k for it and seriously considered taking it and...no idk if I can say it...getting a.............Mach 1 or Cobra Mustang!

What is wrong with me??
Sounds like you get bored with the cars you buy real quick.
I think I just need to refreshen my love and interest for my car. Its been my DD for a while and I havent had any money for mods so its just kinda been the same old thing...and being an auto there is a little less actual fun to play with now and again

I need some tips of rekindling the love fellas. Help me out...I don't wanna cross over to the dark side!!
Yea mods would help & make the car a lot more fun but it does take some cash.
BTW does is **** anyone else off that noone on the road seems to know wtf a 4th gen f-body is. Everyone I roll up next to is like. What's that??
HATE how mustangs attract girls and camaros attract old car guys...
No, it doesnt or wouldnt bother me but that usually doesnt happen around here. Most around here know & like these cars. Sounds like youre disappointed that your car isnt helping you attract the girls. They do seem to like the mustangs though. I think thats mainly BS though.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

Around here I get a lot of attention in 1 month of owning my ta. Ive gotten head snaps, "nice car"s and thumbs ups.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Staging Lane

I'm also in the same boat. I got a Z28 with auto, 2.73 gears and I'm bored with it. Subscribe to this thread, check.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:51 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

spray the nuts off that ****. that will refreshen your love
Old 11-09-2010, 03:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by SexyTransAm
spray the nuts off that ****. that will refreshen your love

It might make some panties drop too....

But if you are relying on your car to get you ***....

You might need to step up your game.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Like someone else said, get a stall converter and it will really wake up the car.

Another suggestion would be to find another DD if you can afford it and drive the Camaro less. It doesn't have to be anything expensive or fancy, just basic transportation. Everyone gets sick of their DD eventually no matter how hot of a car it is. When you get back in the Camaro after driving the DD for a week, the Camaro will feel like a rocket.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Launching!

I was in the same boat you are and I just made the jump. I had a 2006 Subaru WRX that was pretty well hooked up. I would mod it, not be happy with results, go back to stock, back to the drawing board, re-mod ect. ect. It was my daily driver too. I LOVED that car I just got bored with it and sold it, bought my 02 Camaro z28 M6 at the end of September and couldnt be happier. I got called stupid for getting rid of it, asked "why did you get rid of an 06 car for an 02?" blah blah...
I had an F-body as my first car (82 Pontiac Firebird) when I was 16, and then went to the import scene all through most of my 20's. My buddies all have muscle cars now and it was always in the back of my mind how much I missed these cars and just did it.

I wouldnt be worried about what other people think making the jump to a Mustang. You are going to another respectable car. It's not like your going to a KIA sephia or somethin... Do what makes you happy

Last edited by Scoobysnacks; 11-09-2010 at 06:49 AM.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

lol well I appreciate the responces and in the girls aspect its not about using it to get girls...im not sure how one would do that? It's more of when you have a girl and your takin her out when I show up in this they are usually like "What kinda car is this? Man its really clean" But my bros with mustangs get responces like "OMG You drive a mustang! Is it fast? I bet its really really fast. I love mustangs" haha.

but on another note. I know this is just a symptom of the monotony of driving it every day for so long. Im a chevy guy. ive never wanted a mustang lol I mean I like them because I like all performance cars. But i know I would regret it a week after I did it.

Also I have a new dd. I bought a 1993 S10 Blazer Tahoe. With the "W-Code enhanced 4.3 vortec" and 4x4. the works really. But sadly right now the tranny for it is in the shop getting rebult cause it went out the week after I bought it...haha
Old 11-09-2010, 09:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Either get a stall and cooler (a yank 3600 should be great for you now and later with a cam) or take the money and run. For that money you could get a clean mach 1, trans am, or SS. You could look into a manual if that's what you want.

Easier than doing the swap and you could have the visual upgrades too. Might even end up with cash in your pocket.

You won't get a cobra for $11k I don't think...at least not a 03/04. **** an old edge N/A mustang...they look dated and straight sissy IMO.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TwitchZ28
year i considered that but i really dont wanna run a tc without a trans cooler and I also am not decided on what cam and heads and stuff I am doing down the road so I wanna pick tc based on those decisions...any other ideas?
I'm a little confused here..If you are bored with the car, and you are thinking about possibly selling it, why would you be thinking of future mods??
Old 11-09-2010, 09:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

well if I keep it its going to modded when I get the cash. I dont wanna do something to spark interest now and then have ended up waisting my money if I turn around and change it to accommodate later mods

here is my only concern about taking the money and getting another f-body.
Mine has 53,000 miles(ive put the last 11k on it)
It's one of those things where I know what ive got...I dont wanna take the money, turn around and buy an ss or something and end up with something thats really been abused and starts to give me problems a little earlier than mine would. I am the 2nd owner on my z28 and I know it has never been abused, and that it was well taken care of...

the auto is really the only thing about my car I dont love. I dont really mind having a z28 and not an ss. though I do wish I had a ws6...anyways the way I see it. I can get an ss hood and spoiler, and get the visuals, and im gonna do the free ram air mod soon anyways so there isnt too much difference left...not really worth the risk of getting an abused car just to get a manual over the auto.

and no I couldnt even get a non sc cobra for 11k with low miles. let alone an 03/04
Old 11-09-2010, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thunderstruck507
Either get a stall and cooler (a yank 3600 should be great for you now and later with a cam) or take the money and run. For that money you could get a clean mach 1, trans am, or SS. You could look into a manual if that's what you want.

Easier than doing the swap and you could have the visual upgrades too. Might even end up with cash in your pocket.

You won't get a cobra for $11k I don't think...at least not a 03/04. **** an old edge N/A mustang...they look dated and straight sissy IMO.
Then do this^^^ You will really enjoy driving it.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

True alot of us older people have been driving Z28s since before some of you were born, however I've never thought of the 98-2002 Camaros as being old peoples cars. If your not a true Camaro addict then sell yours and get you something you'll be happier driving. Have you ever driven or even rode in a stalled cam/head Camaro? Mustangs are a dime a dozen as far as I'm concerned and are mostly driven by women who seem to love the pretty little things.

Quick Reply: Need Help! Getting A lil bored of my Camaro