Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WS6 Running like Crap

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WS6 Running like Crap

hey guys. Got a 2000 WS6. I bought it with Hooker long tube headers and magna flow exhaust. Out of no where it started to run rich, I can smell the gas, and it is also running odd. RMP's drop to 500 then back up to normal when I come to a stop. rough idle and everything else. Like i said, out of no where this happened.
And I have no cats! Maybe the O2 sensors are pissed off???
Old 11-10-2010, 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you happen to drive it in the rain for the first time? If yes then you may have water intrusion in the O2 extension harnesses. Just clean the water out of the plugs and pack them with some dielectric grease when you plug them back in.

Otherwise I'd say you have an O2 sensor going out. This is purely a guess and would need to be verified with a scan tool of some sort before dumping the money on new sensors.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im in Dallas Texas. And we had some bad rain. My car always runs like crap during the rain. But never was i able to smell gas. Maybe a computer tune??? my motor is CLEAN. you cant see a drop of oil on it. But I will replace the plugs and check the wiring for water areas. Thank you Jimmy.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it always runs like crap in the rain then the O2 extensions are the likely culprit. By the way I was talking about the plugs(or connectors) on the oxygen sensors, not the spark plugs. Good luck with it!