New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobalt Gauges

Old 02-03-2004, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobalt Gauges

Got a question, it is probably stupid, but what do I tap my Water Temp. gauge into? Are there any instructions anywhere.?
thanks
Old 02-03-2004, 12:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump bump bum bump it up ^^^^^^
Old 02-03-2004, 12:30 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There's a hex hed plug in the back of the pass. side head. just above the last spark plug. You'll have to get to it from underneth the car. Its a real PITA...... I had to take a 24in extension and a wiggle tail socket. I you still cant find it you can also look where the factory temp sending unit is hooked up, it will be in the same place but on the driver side head. Just to give you an idea where its located............
Old 02-03-2004, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Pewter is right on! That's how I hooked up my Cobalt series gauge. You'll like the pretty blue color at night. If you want accurate readings you're temp sending unit must be put in the head. I tried in the block above the starter and this location was off as in cooler by 20 degrees.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Okay guys. I got all 3 of my gauges, mounted, and they light up... Its badass looking. we only had time to hook up the air/fuel gauge. My question is: What is the air/fuel supposed to look like when its working... The LED's on mine usually go back and forth from lean to the first light on the rich side. when i tap the gas, it goes scrolls around (looks like it works), but also just driving it will scroll back and forth.. I cant really explain it. Is there a possibility that the LED's aren't staying in one spot because I have a cut-out?
Oh yeah, we tapped the air/fuel wire into the purple wire coming out of the front O2 sensor on the passenger side. Dont know if that matters or not..
THanks alot guys, i know this might be kinda hard to understand. Sorry
Old 02-04-2004, 08:01 AM
10 Second Club

No thats what its suppose to do. The leds should only stay when the gas pedal is to the floor. Mine stays in the first 3 green bars when its floored.....
Old 02-04-2004, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

As does mine. But while driving the are supposed to scroll back and forth?
Old 02-04-2004, 10:14 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah... It should only stay when its floored.... It changes all the time b/c the volts are constantly changing. Thats all that runs the a/f gauge... CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2004, 10:52 AM
On The Tree

You dont always get the same amound of air going in,that's why the ECU compensate for those chances. less air less fuel and viceversa (lean-rich).
O2 read the air in the mix. If you have the gauge hook up to the pass. side your reading that side only .the best way is to put and xtra O2 after the Y so it will read both sides

Search this Thread