Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

p0300 misfire?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0300 misfire?

2002 Trans Am, e.t. cnc'd 243's, mild texas speed cam, full headers. Bought the car bone stock back in January and it had a hole in #5 piston. Fixed the bottom end and thought while I was that far I just as well put some goodies in there. Done the heads, cam, and headers at that time. The car run great when I first got it done. Less than 2000 miles later it is not running so great. It runs perfect unless your trimmin your toe nails on the fan blade. It hits about 3500-4500 and feels like its got a bad dead spot, and the cel flashes, maybe slightly misfiring but no backfiring. It will go ahead and rev on up but not very smoothly. Thought it was running out of fuel so I replaced the fuel filter. Thought that helped but didnt fix it. Checked the fuel pressure and it holds around 56psi at wot loaded. Put in 2 new front o2s and noticed the drivers side header was blued alot more around the collector than the other side? It just really seems like a lean condition but Idk? It is showing a p0300 code some others but they are all about air injection stuff that I have removed. Any Ideas? Thanks.