Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from KS

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from KS

Hey guys, im pretty much new to this site and wanted to say hi. Im Dylan, from St. Marys, KS, occupied as a machinist, naturally a gearhead, i like working on cars n such and other mechanical things.

I own a 2000 Firebird, 3.8, HP tune, auto, 3.42 gears w/ detroit locker. other than that its stock. I bought an 03 silverado 6.0 for cheap from a friend and want to put the lq4 6.0 and 4l80 in the firebird. I pretty much know what im gonna do to the longblock and turbos, but im not all sure whats going to be needed to put it in the firebird... i know there are things like oil pan, steering rack are different, but i havent found out everything yet. so if someone could point me in the right direction, that would be greatly appreciated!

My other vehicles include 1993 GMC Typhoon (4.3 turbo), 1963 GMC Suburban (5.0 V6), 1990 Cadillac Eldorado (4.5 V8) and 2009 Buell Lightning (1203 V-twin).

So any help would be awesome, and if you have any spare parts that i would need for the swap and would like to sell, let me know!

thanks
Dylan
Old 11-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome from a fellow newbie. There is a ton of great info on the site so I am sure someone can point you in the right direction.