Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hate my Impala

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hate my Impala

Hi Everyone, I'm a newbie and was trying to find info about recalls or anything else about my 2004 Impala. I'm old and have had many cars but this Impala SUCKS! I'll try to be brief with complaints:
1 - no cruise control - I know I should have looked but I assumed all vehicles had it now - it does have the fancy auto door locks and windows so that should be standard in my book.
2 - Horn went out because water got in it (have never had this happen before - repair person installed new horn facing down so it wouldn't happen again).
3 - Some kind of filter on passenger side windshield leaks in rain. (What's with that?)
4 - Fuel gauge doesn't work. Flips way past full and about 1/4 tank starts working. (I have never bought cheap gas) Would be about $800 to fix.
5 - Strong exhaust smell inside and outside car - mechanic couldn't see or smell anything but everyone else can!
6 - Pushed in trunk relese button and the outside case of the button popped off and now the button just hangs in there.
There was something else but I can't remember it. This vehicle has less than 80,000 miles and will be 7 years old next month. Don't think I should have had any of these problems. Anyone else with similar problems.
Old 11-12-2010, 11:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, hopefully you at least have the 3800 motor? In reality, there can be alot worse. Your fuel gauge is off because the sending unit on the fuel pump has gone bad. Just track your mileage and fill up everytime. Sounds like the area where the cabin air filter is that is leaking...? You say it smellls like exhaust? There would have to be a leak and should be easy for a mechanic to notice. You don't notice it being a little louder somewhere along the exhaust? The horn really isn't hard to change out and is pretty common because of water intrusion. I just replaced mine on my TA.