Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

My Tick Master Cylinder fun...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Tick Master Cylinder fun...

So I got the MC installed today. It wasn't that bad. I removed the last 2 spark plug wires and the A.I.R. hose and it gave me more room to get my hands in there. Actually removing the MC reservoir from its mount makes it a hell of a lot easier to get the hose on the MC. All in all the install was easy.
Now when it came time to bleed it I had a hell of a time even getting to the bleeder. I could feel it with my finger tip but couldn't see it or get a socket on it, it felt like it was wedged to one side. I looked around a little on LS1Tech and then found out you pretty much need to drill in a whole in your floor board or drop the tranny to get the remote bleeder valve installed... It would of been a nice note on the website when you buy it. I went back and read the ad and at the bottom they say " it will be a nice add on NEXT time you have your tranny out." So I couldn't get it bleed the proper way.
So after pumping the pedal a bunch it firmed up and feels like there is just little air at the beginning of the stroke. I adjusted the pedal some, its about 1/2 lower then the brake. Drove it around and feels good driving but still feels a little chunky at stops. It chunked 1st pretty good a couple times. The clutch engages almost at the end of the stroke so I'll prob wont drive it any more till I bleed it and then readjust the pedal.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put a better bleed on it and readjust it based on the instructions. You'll notice a shorter pedal than stock, should be a little more firm as well. Once you get used to it, you'll love it.

As you saw on our site, the Remote Bleeder does require the slave to be out of the car before it can be installed. Sorry for the confusion! Luckily it is very possible to bleed using the factory bleeder, albeit nowhere near as convenient.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What your feeling is pretty normal. Thats not to say you shouldnt bleed it again, as if you have any doubts you should always bleed it again.

But the pedal feel does change. Its my understanding that the Tick moves more fluid, so the clutch engagement ('window') is shorter (moving more fluid with less press, this shortens the window)... thats what you feel at the top of the pedal, its something you will get used to. The adjustment doesnt change the window, it adjusts the amount of 'throw' (distance from fully released to the floor.)

It feels odd at first, but you'll love it. ...lol
Old 11-17-2010, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

single best part I bought was my Tick master cylinder. been in there for 2 full years with ZERO problems.

I forget what the instructions say on bleeding. but I always loosen the bleeder, have some one press pedal down, close bleeder and bring pedal up. check fluid level each bleed. and repeat.

Quick Reply: My Tick Master Cylinder fun...