Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

My M6 slave wont accept line from master??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 07:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My M6 slave wont accept line from master??

I recently had my slave pop. So I installed a new slave with the latest c-clip like connection. After reinstalling I found my clutch was shot. So I had to remove the line to slave and drop trans again. When removing line I had to kind bend the C-clip to get line to release. So long story short new clutch is in slave is hooked up. I drove about 300 miles and the line popped out and pedal wouldnt move at all was stuck. Inspecting the line I can see where only a portion of the C-clip was grabbing the line and it just wasnt enough so the line popped out. I carry a jack so after it it happened I jacked her up beside the road and was able to insert the line once again. I also carry a mity vac. So I went to bleed, pumped pedal and line popped out again immediately.

Now for the big issue. The hydraulic line from master to slave would not go back in a second time. Had to tow car home. Almost like the slave is locking it out. I have removed the c-clip totally and NORMALLY the line can be pushed in and out effortlessly, but Im not sure if its the master line not pulling back its little built in check valve. Or is something wrong with the new slave and the connection where it accepts the master line?? Just wont budge.

Anyone experiencing this before would help as I'm lost on this one and am trying to avoid dropping the trans for a 4th time in 3 weeks.

Thanks

Last edited by vipvegas; 11-16-2010 at 07:27 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:00 AM
TDP
FormerVendor

Usually you can just loosen the 7/16" bleeder valve on the slave to relieve pressure. Then the line should pop right in.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What and idiot I am. I was tired and didnt get it towed back till late. Now that I think about it Im sure that is it. Thanks Again and will update when I get home and repair is complete