Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

100% stock, need a tune ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 100% stock, need a tune ?

I have a stock LS1 m6 as my dd , Could the car possibly be tune better or is it not worth it to do unless modded. I want to get a little more pep out of my DD but I only want to mess with the tune
Old 11-16-2010, 02:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a few changes that can be done with the stock tune but depending on if you are wanting to do anything in the future it might not be worth it.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

for what most tuners charge, I'd wait until you do a few mods and then tune to get the most out of them. With any major mods, you'll need to do another one anyway to max out the new mods
Old 11-16-2010, 09:27 PM
12 Second Club

If you were to get a stock car tuned, what are some things you would change if you were not concerned with emissions (because you could turn them off using DTC controls)?

I had a co-worker with a C5 ask me if it would be worth it to use up two credits in HPT to tune his stock car.

So what would you professionals and "professionals" (get it?) do to help a stock car.

I'll say this is all hypothetical to avoid getting into a debate about whether it should or should not be done in terms of price.