Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy, looking for a WS6. Few Q's

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy, looking for a WS6. Few Q's

Hey guys, my names Shaun. Currently, I own a 2003 Mustang GT with a Vortech supercharger on it. Has 4.10's, exhaust/intake supporting fuel mods, MAF, 03/04 Mach 1 Seats etc... Makes 385rwhp/373rwtq @ 10psi.

Im taking the supercharger off the car, to sell that, and then trade the GT in to get a WS6. I found one at a dealership its an 01, Navy blue, 6 speed, 71,xxx miles for $13,995. I figured I could talk them down a bit.

I really like the WS6's I think they look amazing, obviously the LS1 is sick and loves bolt ons. So I had a few questions as Im new to the TA/Camaro 4th gen

How are these cars to work on? Things like spark plugs genral maintence?
How hard is it to swap out the clutch? I did it on my GT with floor jacks, and took me a while the first time. 2nd time I dropped the tranny in 3 hours, and had it all back togeather in 2 hours. Anything thats a pita to do?

Longtubes, the Mustangs need you to drop the Kmember, Im assuming same deal with the LS1s?

Rear Ends, obviously not the greatest. But Im assuming theyd survive on street tires even at 400rwhp all day right? Once you start getting stickies (Nitto/MT) your on borrowed time? Whats the cheapest way to upgrade it? Ford 8.8 31 spline? (same as my GT)

How long do the motors last? How much of a beaten can they take? Like I said this one Im looking at is a 01 with 71k miles, which is what? 8-8.5k miles a year? Pretty low.

Lastly, what should I look for when Im looking for one of these cars? Ive heard the headlight motors? Windows? Thanks guys, I look forward to getting a WS6 in the near future, and look forward to learning a lot here.

Heres some pics/vids of my current 03 GT w/ Vortech setup also, best 1/4 mile run was a 12.7 @ 117mph with a 2.2 60 foot, street tires. Trap speed was promising though.

/shauncx1477#p/a/u/1/-82PkhoWnUE