Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Tire suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire suggestions

Ok here is a picture of my car:

Right now on the car I have some worn out 245/40/18s and I am needing to replace them soon.

I can not afford to lower the vehicle right now so I was thinking of going with 245/45/18s to make up a little of that gap shown.

I am looking for a good all season tire with good grip for wet/dry conditions because this is my daily driver, not a track car or anything like that. I do not mind opening it up a little but for the most part just to work and back and a weekend cruise.

Can you guys suggest any thing at or below $700/set that would be a good tire? I found some Dunlop SP Sports that were $705 shipped including the road hazard replacement from Discount Tire but out of all of the reviews there and on Tire Rack I can not find anyone using these on a Camaro/Firebird.

So basically just wanting input on what you guys have used on our cars and how well they work and hopefully not cost me more than $700.

Thanks for any input/reviews!!
Old 11-17-2010, 04:01 PM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

I would recommend either the Hankook Ventus Evo V12 or the Sumitomo HTR Z III. Both tires are good summer performers and in your budget!
Old 11-17-2010, 05:00 PM
Staging Lane

Those are a good price but I was wanting all season, not summer. I am not sure how a summer tire would hold up on my daily driver here in Albany, Ga in the winter. It does not get super cold but it did snow almost 2 inches back on Valentine's Day this year. Has only snowed twice in like 20 years but it happens!

Last edited by mentiroso; 11-17-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:14 PM
9 Second Club

shame your not closer I have cooper zeons for 180. Hercules Raptis Wr1 for 140.35 thats even including in mounting and Balancing. But Im just a podunk tire sales man in Missouri
Old 11-18-2010, 05:55 AM
Staging Lane

Nothing?
Old 11-18-2010, 11:40 AM
9 Second Club

Hercules Raptis tires are and all season tire. There is also tires like Dunlop Sport Signature. There are many tires that discount tire and tire rack dont have. You might also shop around at your local tire shops. A lot of times I sell tires cheaper that what somebody could buy the exact same tire offline. Shop around.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by penningta
Hercules Raptis tires are and all season tire.
I have been reading reviews on this tires on other forums I found through google and these seem ok but almost everyone complains they are horrible in wet conditions. Tread wear and on dry roads they are great though. It rains a little too much around here so that would have me too concerned.

Thanks for the suggestion though.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:56 AM
9 Second Club

BFGs G force super sports are on sale right now they are like 180 im not sure if they are on sale every where or just my suplier.