Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from Kansas

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from Kansas

Hello, I just purchased a 98 Z28 LS1. I didn't go looking for one. Someone had run into our minivan, and totaled it out. My wife drives a huge SUV (not my choice), so I was looking for something practical, a Monte, or an Impala. Something I could put the kids in. I stumbled across an ad in our company newspaper. A one owner, meticulously maintained Z28. Honestly, I had no idea what the LS1 was until I started googling. I was interested because it was a one owner car that someone had taken very good care of. When I told my brother in law I was looking at it, he said "Buy that!". he owns Neal Chance Racing Converters, and knows a thing or two about high performance cars, so I wrote the check. He's also the one that directed me to the website.

So, here I am. I'll try not to ask all the annoying new guy questions.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:47 AM
12 Second Club

Welcome and good choice Do some simple mods and wake that beast up!!

Keep close tabs on your SUV come ice and snow weather

Also, tell your bro-in law to keep up the good work. I have three of his convertors in my garage and won't go anywhere else!!
Old 11-17-2010, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

where are you at in KS? You by chance need an SLP lid for that beast? I was going to convert my LT1 to an LS1 intake setup but found a ram are hood airbox for an LT1 and need to get rid of it.