LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Today Was A Good Day

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 10:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Today Was A Good Day

today was one of those days that just put a smile on my face....i was on my way to take my car to a chevy dealership to get my oil changed....finally getting royal purple in her before i tuck her away for the winter....well since i only have a few more days of driving her i had the cutout (located on the DP)wide open makin a little noise....i pulled into the parking lot and 4 dealers walk out to greet me....first one ask, "that isnt a 3800 is it?" i laugh and said does it sound like it......they all start walking around my car checking it out and asking me questions about the engine, what i had all done to it, and how i got it to sound so good....one guy made the comment that it sounded like there was a race car coming down the road.....one also commented on how good the paint looked....in my eyes the car looked like **** because i had to drive it through the rain the day before and i explained what i all do to make it so shiny.....paid for the oil change and pulled her out of the bay and the same 4 dealers were standing outside watching me leave so i gave them a little show lol....made me feel pretty damn good to finally get some appreciation for my car and everything i have done to it....that is all
Old 11-18-2010, 06:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

You deserve it DP! lol
Old 11-18-2010, 06:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

yes you have a sweet car
Old 11-18-2010, 08:18 AM
Staging Lane

Hey dp I need to wax my car and it's kind of cold outside. If I do it in my unheated garage think it would be warm enough maybe 50 or so inside it? Then let it sit up for a couple hours? Let me know what you think. Thanks jeff
Old 11-18-2010, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks fellas

Originally Posted by plmrass
Hey dp I need to wax my car and it's kind of cold outside. If I do it in my unheated garage think it would be warm enough maybe 50 or so inside it? Then let it sit up for a couple hours? Let me know what you think. Thanks jeff
kinda depends on what kind of product you will be using but if its in the 50's in the garage you should be good....just make sure it hazes over before you take it off....i have to do my wash, clay and wax before i tuck her away tomorrow but ill have my heater on in my garage
Old 11-19-2010, 09:27 PM
On The Tree

Congrats well deserved! Did you feel a difference in the switch over to RP?
Old 11-19-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Junkie

Sweet my friend
Old 11-20-2010, 01:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

WELL look at that beautiful machine ya got there!! Its only natural! Doesn't it just feel good my friend?!! I really appreciate when the old(er) crowd gives me thumbs up as well!! Listen: when take your car, and put that good ol' TLC in her (like you and all the rest of you guys), you will see how it will have the old man weak and the younger daze!! You car is simply badassed!!
Old 11-20-2010, 02:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, you took your GM vehicle to a GM dealership and the sales people didn't know what I had for an engine. Makes me wander if the techs knew either?
Old 11-20-2010, 08:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CalamitySS
Congrats well deserved! Did you feel a difference in the switch over to RP?
havent driven it much since i changed the oil since it is now stored

Originally Posted by Mels SS
Sweet my friend
thanks Mel!

Originally Posted by 07carlocrusader
WELL look at that beautiful machine ya got there!! Its only natural! Doesn't it just feel good my friend?!! I really appreciate when the old(er) crowd gives me thumbs up as well!! Listen: when take your car, and put that good ol' TLC in her (like you and all the rest of you guys), you will see how it will have the old man weak and the younger daze!! You car is simply badassed!!
thanks man....it was nice getting some attention for once lol

Originally Posted by LS4SPEED
Wow, you took your GM vehicle to a GM dealership and the sales people didn't know what I had for an engine. Makes me wander if the techs knew either?
they havent sold pontiac since they came in 5ish year ago so like most of the general public they didnt have a clue....im guessin by runnin the vin in their computer prolly helped out just a bit