Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Questions regarding valve springs...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 12:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Questions regarding valve springs...

I have an automatic V6 that has just over 108k on it, I'm planning on swapping a 350 or 383 into it after i get out of the academy..but for the time being i need to get this clicking/ ticking to stop. Not sure if it is damage, but i had the bottom end damaged in June and was fixed soon after, i spun rod bearing #5 and got that replaced.(Cylinder filled with antifreeze due to bad gasket according to mechanic.) so that is out of the question. But over the winter while my bird' will be in the garage and I have free time I'm going to attempt to pull the top end out, I'm hearing the noise from the valve train area as far as i can tell and think it might just be a bad spring or retainer, but plan on replacing all of the with something better..my question is what type of valve springs should i get? if I end up not getting the 350 or 383 into it i plan on building the 6 up with a cam and would like something in it that i necessarily wouldn't need to update later..any recommendations of what springs to get/ what special tools and precautions and other parts i may need? And possibly a price estimate..I have done some research just would like some experienced vets opinions/know-how.

Too long didn't read: V6 valve springs..what to go with so im not updating later w/ a cam install in the plans possibly?
Old 11-18-2010, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ttt for help.....