Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do ya'll think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 01:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What do ya'll think?

My car starting misfiring the other day in the rain, throwing a few O2 sensor codes, one being high voltage, low voltage, one of the banks running lean(forgot which one), and a few others which I forgot. Sometimes it runs fine, yet at other times it still misfires. It's kind of intermitent, happens now and may happen in five or so minutes, or may come back tomorrow, who knows. I just replaced the plugs today with TR55's gapped at .050, and the wires about 6,000 miles ago with MSD's. I replaced the 02 sensors about 100 miles ago. The problem is still there. It runs like dogsh*t until the higher RPM range; above about 3,000-3,500 RPM, it runs like it should. Any less than that and it barely runs. The light goes off some of the time and then lights back up after it starts running bad again, but like I said, it may be five minutes, or it may be 5 days. Any ideas?

I'm starting to think it is one of the injectors clogged up, since this only occurs in the lower RPM range. The lean 02 sensor codes could be set off from not enough fuel from one of the banks. Sound like a good possibility? Any other ideas?

Thanks
Ryan

Last edited by Onyx Z; 02-04-2004 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's not so much the upper RPM range, but more like 75% or more throttle.

Ryan