PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPTuners....LS1Edit competition....

Old 02-04-2004, 07:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPTuners....LS1Edit competition....

Have you guys checked out www.hptuners.com ?? They look to be coming out with their software/kit today. Looks mighty promising. $500 and you get LS1Edit capabilities plus data logging plus you can use it on the same type of car or that year!! That means me and my buds with 99's can all use it! Not locked to 1 computer. Maybe this is old info but if so what's the deal with it, anyone heard anything else about it?

-Sly
Old 02-04-2004, 08:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

FWIW I emailed them and received no response. Not sure what their status is.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:43 AM
Launching!

Yeah I just checked out the site. Looks killer. 499 for an editor and scanner all in one. And it is not vin looked. Glad I haven't gone the ls1 edit route yet.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:51 AM
TECH Addict

Competition is always good - that said, vaporware isn't. I would want to see a working copy before I shelled out any money for it. But if it lives up to it's hype than the market just got more interesting.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keith (magnus) showed the software and hardware to me last weekend and I must say... it looks pretty sweet.

One of the coolest features... he started flashing his PCM... turned the key off... but the bus stayed alive and it continued flashing!

Then he started a new flash... then removed the PCM bat fuse which effectively killed the PCM... tried starting it... just cranked ... then he used the PCM recovery feature of the software and bam the PCM worked fine

Plus as mentioned it's not VIN locked which ROCKS! ... that means it actually has a resale value!

Sounds like they should have a product product out very soon.
Old 02-04-2004, 10:44 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Brian, what e-mail address did you send it to? I show no e-mail from you. As you can imagine we have been swamped with requests for info and release dates. We are doing our best to reply to every e-mail though. It's easiest for us to answer questions on our forum though..

We have demo'd our product for quite some time to local tuner shops and our insider friends. It's not vapor ware at all..

Could vapor ware read a PCM in 2 minutes and then write the calibration in just 30 seconds?

Could you do a tune on the dyno, and then open up the scan tool without changing cables to log timing, knock and fuel trims to see how your tune is?

We will be releasing product very soon! stay tuned!
Old 02-04-2004, 11:05 AM
TECH Resident

Think I found my next purchase, cant wait for the release
Old 02-04-2004, 11:08 AM
11 Second Club

Very interesting.. I'll be watching this
Old 02-04-2004, 11:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

I used magnus_dx@hotmail ... Basically just throwing you a "hey, been a while since we talked" email, and seeing how things were going with the project I'd love to check out what you got, gimme some details
Old 02-04-2004, 05:37 PM
TECH Addict

sounds cool im me when you got it ready. looks great for price.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:41 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

Chris, definitely not vaporware, I know that Keith has been testing it on cars for over four months. Keith is supposed to demo it for me this month.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:25 PM
TECH Resident

Let us know how you like it PSJ!
Old 02-04-2004, 07:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by horist
Keith (magnus) showed the software and hardware to me last weekend and I must say... it looks pretty sweet.

One of the coolest features... he started flashing his PCM... turned the key off... but the bus stayed alive and it continued flashing!

Then he started a new flash... then removed the PCM bat fuse which effectively killed the PCM... tried starting it... just cranked ... then he used the PCM recovery feature of the software and bam the PCM worked fine

Plus as mentioned it's not VIN locked which ROCKS! ... that means it actually has a resale value!

Sounds like they should have a product product out very soon.

Wow!!! It's a reality! I figured it was vaporware. Can't wait to see the product.

Keith - can you tell us some of the tables available - that we can't see with LS1 Edit???

Great news.

joel
Old 02-04-2004, 07:05 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

FWIW, Keith is a good friend of mine and I've been aware of this project for over a year but was asked not to discuss it until they were ready to debut the product. I know he has tuned a handful of cars with their software.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:20 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Brian, I do remember your e-mail. I wasn't sure who it was from. I thought I replied to it though. I've been getting a lot of those type of e-mails recently... "Been a while" "long time no talk".. I'm honestly not sure who they are sometimes.

Thanks John for the kind words.

The HP Tuners team consists of 3 people which includes myself. We have daily conferences and are doing what is needed to get product out the door ASAP.

We have demo'd our stuff at local tuner shops and for friends for quite some time now. We have tuned many many cars already with our package. We just need to work out a few things on the business side of things before we can ship. It will be very soon though.

Thanks for your patience!
Old 02-05-2004, 12:27 AM
TECH Addict

The only thing disappointing to me is that I cant afford the Pro version. I really want to be able to write the entire image.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:34 AM
TECH Regular

It's about time some competition stepped up to LS1edit I've been looking at purchasing a tunner/scanner and now this comes up

I'll be looking forward to this product; hopefully it will be user friendly as well

Thanks
Old 02-05-2004, 08:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Chris, definitely not vaporware, I know that Keith has been testing it on cars for over four months. Keith is supposed to demo it for me this month.

That's great then, and can't wait to see it out - I will certainly pick up a copy. Are there any plans/thoughts toward publishing a "demo" version, perhaps one stripped of all actual interface/table location/editing code? I think it would be nice to just have something that would let you ge a feel for the interface, as well as the tables available.
Old 02-05-2004, 10:01 AM
Performance Trucks Sponsor

Originally Posted by Magnus

The HP Tuners team consists of 3 people which includes myself. We have daily conferences and are doing what is needed to get product out the door ASAP.
I'll be ordering one for sure!, all the additional features should make it an awesome tuning package. I love the combo cable, a scanner and tuner, that is awesome!!!
Hey Magnus, I just sent you a PM asking a few questions.

Finally, some competition for ls1edit, I've been waiting for this day.

thanks,

allen
Old 02-05-2004, 04:56 PM
Launching!

Thumbs up

Very interesting looking package...tuner/scanner in one....Someone please test this and post results ASAP

Search this Thread