Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Noob question

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 01:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noob question

Hi, Recently finished a 24->58 reluctor conversion on an early ls2. Not sure if the main cap bolts (inner and outer) are reused, seeing as how gm use this tourque to yield thing?

Can someone tell me if i can reuse them or not because new ones are the better part of $500.

Cheers, D.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have reused them before, the new ones are a certain length, (i cant recall) and they stretch when torqued, you need to measure them and compare them to the new/unused measurement.... then see if there is a "stretched length" i got away with using this method on older builds.. once theyre a certain length untorqued, theyre trash because they wont stretch/hold anymore.. i think im right>>> but its been a while. do you know if they have ever been removed before? you will more than likely be ok if its a stock bottom end but you just never know...

my advice to you... bite the bullet and get new ones, just to be safe... all your power rests on those bolts... good luck bro