Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

street twin (clunking and engagement issues)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default street twin (clunking and engagement issues)

Cars been down all sumer with a broken rearend, just got it back on the road and trying to get a feel for it again.

This is the second time I have noticed this. I passed a car while I was in 4th gear, probably going close to 90mph when I got back onto my side of the road. RPM's are fairly high in the range, go to push the clutch, and I can feel it in the pedal and hear, it sounds and feels like something is clunking around in the clutch area and I cant get it into gear. Then I let off the clutch push it back in and then can get it into gear. The one other time I have noticed this I was again going probably 100mph. Scares the **** out of my, makes me worried its going to come apart or something.

99% of the time I put in this car is just cruising around town and the clutch feels fine, it grabs hard and for the most part is pretty smooth. Sometimes 1st gear is a little jerky.

In comparison, I made a 1->2 ship today 5k+ plus and smooth as butter.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:19 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sound like maybe a bolt came loose? If it happens again i would take the time to pull everything apart and make sure everything is kosher.