Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few questions on tuning with superchips flaspaq

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 10:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A few questions on tuning with superchips flaspaq

I think it goes without saying that I have no business in this secion of the forum, and that I'm a tuning newbie. That said...

I picked up this tuner for next to nothing hoping I could make some use of it. I currently have a 99 z28 with the following engine modifications

SLP lid
JBA short tube headers
MAC offroad 3" y
Hooker 3" catback w/cutout

thats all. Intake/exhaust. Nothing fancy. This setup seems to play nice with the stock tune and 93 octane.

Now... according to superchips site I should be safe using the "flashpaq" tuner. According to their site it seems like I'm just fine - but I dont really know the first thing about tuning. I talked to their tech guys and they assured me that it my setup was ok with the stock tune, then I shouldn't hae a problem running theirs.

see the last question here: https://www.superchips.com/#pn=compg&pid=21&psid=577

The way I understand this thing works is that they have a preset "performance" tune for a stock car running 91 and one for 87. I was going to throw the 91 tune on there (contine to run off 93) and see how that goes. Anyone think this is a terrible any idea? Should I send this thing back and quit messing with stuff I dont understand? Anyone want to enlighten me? Thanks.