Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

So i just bought a shift light from frost and need help!!!

Old 11-22-2010, 04:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default So i just bought a shift light from frost and need help!!!

I GOT MY HARLAN SHIFT LIGHT IN THE MAIL LAST WEEK AND NOTICED THAT THE SHIFTLIGHT IT SELF HAS REALLY SHORT LENGTH IN WIRE SO I WAS JUST CURIOUS HOW DO I RUN THE WIRE TO THE PCM WITH SUCH A SHORT WIRE ALSO HOW ABOUT THE OTHERS? I KNOW THE DIRECTIONS COME WITH IT BUT THIS WILL BE THE FIRST TIME I WILL EVER WIRE A SHIFT LIGHT IN A CAR. ANY HELP OR EXPLANATIONS WILL HELP OUT GREATLY, THIS GOING ON A 1998 CAMARO Z28. ALSO SORRY IF I POSTED THIS IN THE WRONG FORUM.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

i just got done installing mine last night. i bought a role of 16 gauge wire from advanced to extend the wires from the shift light. you need 3 butt connectors to connect that wires to the shift light wires and 3 quick splice connectors. i spliced my battery/ground wires to a power and ground off my head unit, but you can use the traction control wires if you want (that's what i should have done). and the other wire gets spliced into the tach signal off the pcm. on an 'O2 is pin 10, a white wire that comes off the lower pcm connector. the pins are numbered. the numbers are under the plastic cover on the pcm connectors. there's other places to tap into the tach signal that may be conveniant but i didn't feel like tracking them down.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

dutiness thanks for the response and the help.

Search this Thread