Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone hear of VeForce Mufflers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone hear of VeForce Mufflers?

I talked to the guy at the local muffler shop. I have a 99 ws6 and he said he owns a 2000 ws6, so I can count on his word as reliable (he also owns the shop). He said that I don't need a catback system, he says that Pontiac put the right size pipes on the car from the factory and they will probably last the life of the car. He recommends I just replace the muffler for both sound and performance. He said he's tried Magnaflow and Borla and said they don't sound much different, aside from being louder. He said he is running a VeForce muffler that flows great and sounds better than both of the previously mentioned systems (or mufflers). Should I take his word for it or should I go ahead and get a whole catback exhaust? My setup right now is stock, aside from the free ram air mod and a K&N filter along with the removal of the MAF sensor screen. My goal is a deeper and louder sound that also shows gains in performance. ANY response would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks everyone.
Old 02-04-2004, 02:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Local muffler shops just want you to buy there product. He's yankin your chain.

The stock exhaust system from the manifolds to the tailpipes is designed to meet C.A.R.B., it is not designed for maximum performance. A cat-back exhaust is a much better option than just replacing the muffler. New muffler = 5-7 rwhp, new cat-back = 15-20 rwhp.
I would recommend the Hooker cat-back. It is fairly cheap...around $300 and will support a heads/cam LS1 just fine. Not that there isn't an exhaust that will make more power, but this one would be a good setup for you.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

v-force is the same as flowmaster except the only a couple differences i'll try to get a link for you. i worked in a muffler shop that sold them they sound good (a little deeper than flowmasters) but they won't flow that well because like i said they're flowmaster one offs and we all know that flowmasters flow nothing.
Old 02-04-2004, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

heres the link as promised.

http://www.flopro.com/VForce.htm

they are made by flo-pro which is which is where many muffler shops buy exhaust products from or from a place that distributes flo-pro products. flo-pro makes the mufflers that muffler shops use as replacements for stock mufflers as well as glasspacks which all good muffler shops sell.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for everything guys!
Old 02-04-2004, 09:04 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NOBR8KSS
Local muffler shops just want you to buy there product. He's yankin your chain.

The stock exhaust system from the manifolds to the tailpipes is designed to meet C.A.R.B., it is not designed for maximum performance. A cat-back exhaust is a much better option than just replacing the muffler. New muffler = 5-7 rwhp, new cat-back = 15-20 rwhp.
I would recommend the Hooker cat-back. It is fairly cheap...around $300 and will support a heads/cam LS1 just fine. Not that there isn't an exhaust that will make more power, but this one would be a good setup for you.
couldnt of said it better myself

hooker
slp D/D
magnaflow

are all great budget catbacks.