PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help(i posted this on hp tuners too)

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 09:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help(i posted this on hp tuners too)

Ok so I have been running the car up to about 3800 and at one point heard a loud bang 2 days ago at about 2800. It didnt throw any codes, and it also didnt bring anything up on KR? I have been driving it for the last 2 days still trying to get my VE correct and can not get it to reproduce the same noise. If i had a broken valve spring would that show anything noticeable on the scanner? Would it smoke at all? If it was a rocker or lifter would that be noticeable on the scanner? Im hearing a constant ticking at idle but nothing out of the ordinary while driving through the RPM's. From what i have read on LS1 tech the ticking at idle could just be the injectors ticking? I'm also wondering if it was the tranny mount breaking or the exaust poping off the bracket on the tranny? Its off of the bracket but can't remember if it was ever on it. Any ideas
Old 11-24-2010, 11:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A broken rocker arm or spring should make the car miss consistanlty, not just once. I would think if you were working on the VE then you might of heard un burnt fuel igniting in the exhaust pipe, a rich condition, or maybe a lean backfire. As to the scanner, yes you might see a lean bank on the NB's, due to the cylinder with the problem not burning all the O2. IF it popped once and quit then you probably caused it from fueling.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1313of1600
Ok so I have been running the car up to about 3800 and at one point heard a loud bang 2 days ago at about 2800. It didnt throw any codes, and it also didnt bring anything up on KR? I have been driving it for the last 2 days still trying to get my VE correct and can not get it to reproduce the same noise. If i had a broken valve spring would that show anything noticeable on the scanner? Would it smoke at all? If it was a rocker or lifter would that be noticeable on the scanner? Im hearing a constant ticking at idle but nothing out of the ordinary while driving through the RPM's. From what i have read on LS1 tech the ticking at idle could just be the injectors ticking? I'm also wondering if it was the tranny mount breaking or the exaust poping off the bracket on the tranny? Its off of the bracket but can't remember if it was ever on it. Any ideas
if u wanna know whether it's tune issue or not, just post a scan log and monitor the AFR if you can't log it.....

Last edited by odd boy; 11-26-2010 at 11:30 AM. Reason: add notification