Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Super t10 question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super t10 question.

I just picked up a 2.43 first borg warner super t10. I plan on putting it behind my h/c/i lq4. I attempted to put a t5 behind this the other weekend and as i was installing it got a text asking if it was still for sale. Needless to say i ditched it, not before figuring out the throw out bearing was too far away from the pressure plate to disengage the clutch correctly. I ordered an adjustable clutch pivot ball to remedy this for the super t10. So whats the magic number guys? Everything i'm seeing says the pressure plate fingers are .4" closer to the motor. Set the ball .4" away from the trans and i should be good to go?
Old 11-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Launching!

This would apply to anyone thats done a 5 speed swap as well, what did you guys end up doing?
Old 11-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Banned

You will need to mock it up. There are articles online about how to do so properly.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:20 PM
Launching!

I will. I'll start off measuring the stock pivot and addiing 4 tenths to that with the adjustable one. Should be interesting. I have the clutch set up like this, i drilled a hole big enough for the anchor on the stock cable's sheath to sit in, then i am anchoring the actual cable via a bracket off the transmission. This essentially turns the pulling action of the clutch cable into a pushing force.

Quick Reply: Super t10 question.