Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0300 and P1637

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0300 and P1637

Ok I did some searching on here and couldn't find any threads that had quite the same problem as I am having.

First off I have the P0300 code and the P1637 code. I recently installed headers and off-road y pipe. The air and egr codes are on as well but I removed them and assume they have nothing to do with these codes.

Well essentially the car ran great for the last couple of days after the header install but yesterday evening I got in fired her up and it drove great for about 30sec to 1min then started giving me horrible drive-ability problems. It has no power and runs rough (I assume this is where the P0300 code comes into play). However, after it has sat for a while it runs great for the first minute or so then back to the same problem. I am not sure if the P1637 would cause drive-ability problems or have anything to do with the P0300 code, and I have found out basically how to go about fixing that problem. I am concerned about the P0300 code and how it is not really drivable.

I would appreciate any input on my situation and what the next step I need to do in diagnosing it, thank you.

Edit: P0300= Random Multiple Cylinder Misfire P1637= Generator Terminal L Circuit

Last edited by ls1fag; 11-26-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:29 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In your situation, I would say that the missfire is likely caused by an impoperly installed spark plug wire or wires. You need to go back and make sure they "click" twice onto the plug and once into the coil pack. Keep in mind that missfire can also be caused by an exhaust leak (or even a vacuum leak), but those are typically accompanied by a "slow oxygen sensor response" code as well. Either way, ensure that you follow both the torque sequence and spec for the header bolts. Is the gasket damaged?

The generator code.. I would start looking into and around the alternator for loose connections, damaged wires, etc.. That may be an excercise in frustration so you may as well do a search for P1637 in order to generate ideas (it comes up fairly frequently).

Good luck