Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Transmission problem..

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission problem..

So after a month of struggling(replaced clutch and slave) with my car I think my transmission went out. when I brought the transmission down I noticed that when it is in gear the shaft spins freely. The sad part is I just bought the car about 2 months ago!! Right now when I start the car without the driveline and the car is in neutral the input shaft on the rear of the transmission spins and when i hit the clutch it stops. But the weird part is that the gears won't engage. I can put it in gear without the clutch and nothing happens(while the car is on).

Also, In your opinion is it better to have the transmission rebuilt or simply buy a rebuilt one? Any advice on where to buy parts and even get it rebuilt would be really useful. Thanks!

I'm in Bakersfield, Ca.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:24 PM
Banned

Sounds like you ripped the lining off the clutch disc to me.
Old 11-26-2010, 05:33 PM
Teching In

I'm pretty sure the clutch is working. The reason I replaced the clutch was because it would go into gear and not do anything with or without the clutch? After I replaced the clutch and slave it feels the same as before ?? I'll drop the transmission again tomorrow and see if I can see anything wrong with the clutch.
Old 11-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Banned

If you can start the engine and shift through the gears with out pushing in the clutch, usually thats the clutch disc missing the lining.

Quick Reply: Transmission problem..