Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

My new system

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 02:14 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new system

I'm piecing together an audio system for my 93 z28 - So far I've got a pair of Alpine type R 6.5" speakers for the front, and the MTX Thunderform (amp'd) 10" enclosure. However I seriously doubt that MTX is going to be loud enough for me.

I'm really considering going with a Stealth box, and a 10" Type R, no idea on the amp yet, or the deck. I kind of want to stick with Alpine.

Anyone have any suggestions on a good deck and sub/amp? I want loud, crisp, quality sound, but nothing that's going to rattle the trunk to hard.
Old 11-27-2010, 04:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the Alpine:
type r 6.5" in my sails and 6.5" components in the doors with
type r 10" sub wired to Alpine mono amp.

The sub hits very hard and I don't even turn it up all the way.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:26 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can keep your enclosure and just put the Type-R in that. It would have enough room for the Type-R sub in that. Just don't hook up the amp part. You are correct though, the amp'd version of the Thunderform is kind of weak as is the sub that comes in it. The enclosure itself is not bad though and has lots of mounting depth.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:54 AM
TECH Regular

Sounds like a decent setup if you put the Alpine sub in the stealth box. For a good headunit you could go with the Alpine CDE-100, only $100 and has both USB and auxiliary output on the front. I'm running it right now as my car now is only temporary and didn't want to spend much more at the moment. It is very user friendly and for the price it sounds great. And what is the rms of the sub? I want to say 400rms but I can't remember for sure.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:34 AM
Banned

On Alpines site is says Max RMS is 600w. That deck looks pretty decent, but I want to go with something a little nicer looking. However my main goal is really crispy, full sound.

I switched from a pioneer deck to an alpine in my first camaro, and it was a night and day difference. The Alpine deck made everything sound so much tighter, it was great.