View Full Version : Inception (Spoiler)

westtexasbuff
11-27-2010, 02:51 PM
For those that have seen the movie Inception, what do you think happened at the end? Was Cobb stuck in limbo, or was it reality?

I've seen it 4 times now, and can't figure it out, and it's driving me crazy.

What makes me believe the ending is real:
- He doesn't have his wedding ring on when he spins his totum at the end, which leads me to believe that is his real totum, since the top he spins was originally Mal's.
- He no longer cares if what he sees is real or not, because he finally got to see his children's faces, which he couldn't before.

What makes me believe he's dreaming:
- At the chemist, he was about to spin his totum to see if it was real, but he got interrupted and wasn't able to. From that point on he could have been dreaming???
- I think Mal's "kick" from the train was level 3, which would wake her up from level 2, which means Cobb is still dreaming??? But if that were the case, wouldn't she wake up Cobb from level 2 by giving him the "kick"?

Yes, I know I'm, over-analyzing things, but I want to figure this out... lol

What are you all's thoughts?

Endersshadow
11-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Put spoilers in the title. Not everyone has seen it yet. Thanks.

Z28_LT1
11-27-2010, 03:01 PM
I gotta watch it again. It's too confusing to remember now, but it made perfect sense when I first saw it.

westtexasbuff
11-27-2010, 03:12 PM
I gotta watch it again. It's too confusing to remember now, but it made perfect sense when I first saw it.Hmm... maybe I'm digging too deep into it?

TXZ28LS1
11-27-2010, 03:19 PM
that movie had so many twists man.. heck, i forgot at one point they were on the plane.

WS6 Rampage
11-27-2010, 03:52 PM
.... Answer this....

At the end, Cobb’s kids seem to be the same age and are seemingly wearing the same clothes as they were in his memory of them – is it “proof” he’s still dreaming? ... I think he's still dreaming.

westtexasbuff
11-27-2010, 04:20 PM
.... Answer this....

At the end, Cobb’s kids seem to be the same age and are seemingly wearing the same clothes as they were in his memory of them – is it “proof” he’s still dreaming? ... I think he's still dreaming.They do age, and it is not the exact same clothes, I noticed this as well, but went back to watch it and the clothes are different. It's just a subtle change from his dream's projections.

The credits also show two different ages of kids.

skorpion317
11-27-2010, 09:26 PM
I think the ending was intentionally left ambiguous to keep people talking about it.

westtexasbuff
11-28-2010, 03:28 AM
I think the ending was intentionally left ambiguous to keep people talking about it.Nolan said himself in an interview that there is a definite answer.

camar0corey
11-28-2010, 12:39 PM
It is easy if you ask me. The totem starts to wobble, that is all you need to know. The totem never wobbles in the dream.

westtexasbuff
11-28-2010, 01:15 PM
It is easy if you ask me. The totem starts to wobble, that is all you need to know. The totem never wobbles in the dream.The totum was Mal's, and I believe totums only work in other people's dreams, not your own.

justin455
11-28-2010, 01:39 PM
The totum was Mal's, and I believe totums only work in other people's dreams, not your own.

It's not that they work in whomever's dream, it's that it can't be accurately re-created by a dream architect. So to me, wobbling means it was real, not a dream.