Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Tune ?????

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 08:14 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dyno Tune ?????

A buddy of mine has a 2000 Trans Am M6 with a Direct-Flo lid, FRA, and a Cut-Out. He went and had his car dynoed on a 248E Dyno Jet, and here is the numbers that he laid down... 334 hp 340 TQ/sae corrected 327 hp 338 TQ. all runs were w/ the cut-out open. When they went to tune it, they couldnt get anymore power from the car, the A/F was set at 13.3 from GM... so all they did was remove the 1-4 skip shift, and the Top speed limiter. My real question is... I have a 2000 Trans Am A4 w/ a Direct-Flo lid, Smooth Bellows, FRA, TB-Body bypass, and a Cut-Out. What do you think I can lay down on the dyno, and what do you think I can get from tuning. When I get the tuning done... I want to have the TM removed, and the shift timing quickened.
Thanks
Old 02-06-2004, 12:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where you have very minimal mods you're not going to benefit much from a dyno tune. If all you want to do right now is remove TM and firm up your shifts, you should probably consider buying a Predator. You can get one from James at www.runninwiththedevil.com

Also, when you get a few more mods in the future like a cam, nitrous, etc. you can have James write you a custom tune to get the maximum power out of those mods.