Old 11-30-2010, 03:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control not Working after getting Clutch Installed

Title???? anyone know?
Old 11-30-2010, 03:57 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a switch on the clutch pedal that is used by the cruise control (the switch is pushed in when the pedal is fully up [clutch engaged] allowing the cruise control to function, and disables the cruise control when you push the pedal down). I'd check that first to make sure the pedal is making good contact and that no wires are messed up. I'd also check all of the sensors on the transmission to make sure everything was plugged back in (although I'm not sure if any of those would affect the cruise control).
Old 11-30-2010, 08:28 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
There is a switch on the clutch pedal that is used by the cruise control (the switch is pushed in when the pedal is fully up [clutch engaged] allowing the cruise control to function, and disables the cruise control when you push the pedal down). I'd check that first to make sure the pedal is making good contact and that no wires are messed up. I'd also check all of the sensors on the transmission to make sure everything was plugged back in (although I'm not sure if any of those would affect the cruise control).
Yes what was said here. Also if the switch isn't pushed in then check engine light should come on saying clutch switch inop or something like that. Mine stays on because of my new tick and I need to move the switch.
Old 12-02-2010, 02:41 AM
TECH Junkie

I bought my car with a SES light on saying something like Clutch input switch malfunction or whatever, with the owner saying the cruise didn't work. I found under the clutch pedal this white button that needs to be pushed in. The mounting tab was broken. I ziptied it back into place and all has been well ever since.