Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

help removing clutch hose.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help removing clutch hose.

I tried replacing my clutch master cylinder and do the drill mod but I got stuck at removing the hose from the transmission, hopefully im just an idiot, but according to the help posted online it said to use two flat head screw drivers to depress white tabs?
i did not see any tabs on mine to depress, so I posted a pic, are mine missing or am I just stupid?
Attached Thumbnails help removing clutch hose.-1130101636.jpg  
Old 11-30-2010, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The white tabs people are talking about is a white plastic ring that fits between the master fitting and slave fitting. It goes all the way around inside the fitting, and is flanged. Its like a fuel like disconnect tool, but it doesnt appear yours has one.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:01 AM
Teching In

It looks like you don't have the bushing but no worries. Go to an autoparts store and look for Clutch pedal bushings, You're going to have to buy an assortment(should cost no more than $4). Then use the bushing that wraps around the entire line (it's probably going to be one of the bigger ones in the pack)..and some advice if the bushing you use is doesn't wrap around the input be careful not to get it stuck...Getting it out is not fun!

BTW when you find the bushing that works press the bushing into the gap between the slave and the line and the line should pop right off. GL.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:06 PM
PSJ
On The Tree

Lightbulb

Use a plastic A/C..Fuel Line Disconnect Tool.

Either one will work..

5/8 is a little small and you will need too expand it around the disconnect fitting.

3/4 is a little big and you will need too squeeze it around the disconnect for a tight fit.

Once in place..push the tool toward the trans and at the same time pull/wiggle the line away from the trans.

No tools are needed to replace the line.

Hope this helps.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:50 PM
On The Tree

Thank you, I will give that a shot in a few days

I'm telling ya, this 98 z28 is a bastard child of one-offs!