Notices

pulley install tool for ls1 car wtb..

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulley install tool for ls1 car wtb..

Hey guys I am looking to buy/rent/borrow a pulley install tool...
Old 12-03-2010, 12:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do a search for "pully insrall tool" for more info

below is info which I home maded, may be a little junked up but it worked great for me
Johnny

I do not like to pull much on the inside threads of the crank I get two bolts with same thread as crank weld them head to head screw it tight into crank then slide a socket over then ( one that just go inside of pulley to align pulley) then use a big washer and nut on the free end of welded unit to pull pulley onto crank this way is easy on the inside threads of crank I also like to change the front seal while pulley is off

Home make a tool to hold crank to allow tighten pulley bolt, insert the tool into flywheel , remove round plug ( about 2-3 inch dia. ) on bottom of of flywheel cover to insert tool
make tool useing flat bar about 12-14 in long
1/4 x 2 x 14 ( notch in the side will allow the tool to hold itself in place by cetching on side of hole)

botton out pullet flush with end of crank with old bolt ,install new bolt torque to 37 lb then pull another 120 degrees if you do not have a compass to get the right degrees ( stop and think ) mark the bolt at 180 degrees and at 90 degrees then mark 1/2 between the two marks which i think will be about 135 degrees so you may go eather 140 degrees or 120 degrees from there ,

sorry do not think the picture of tool will show correct it should be about 2 in wide all way down

/\/\/\/\/\/\
lllllllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllll<
lllllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllll
llllllllllllllllllllllll
lllllllllllllllllllllll

Last edited by SS SLP2; 12-03-2010 at 12:06 AM.

Quick Reply: pulley install tool for ls1 car wtb..