Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

drive by wire to cable ecu changes

Old 12-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drive by wire to cable ecu changes

Ive been doing alot of research on here trying to find the answers to my questions.. i went to a reputable shop on here in cumming, GA and they told me my engine/ecu from 03 suburban will work fine even though its drive by wire i can convert it to cable and he will set it all up for me.. After 3 changes to the wire harness that he jacked up i noticed the tp sensor and iac isnt reading.. so i bought a hp tuners credit and realized the ecu read as a 03 suburban.. from research ive done it needs to be converted to either a 03 express van or 04 gto ecu.. How is this done with hptuners.. or is it even possible.. do i need to buy 2 more credits for the license for the file i got from the respository and then do an entire write and rewrite the ecu completly or whats the best way to go about this.. only a 04 gto hpt file is online does someone have an 03 express van file ive read its better to do that one.. The shop i went to refuses to answer the phone and its over an hour away from me.. if i can just spend a little extra money and get it going where i dont have to deal with this shop id be happy.. im probably going to need a pinout for the 03 express van ecu too.. cuz i doubt this dude hooked the tps or iac to the right pins.. and so forth.. PLEASE HELP!

thanks!
corey
Old 12-03-2010, 01:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

http://www.lt1swap.com/cable_conversion.htm

Read that, then make sure your PCM can support DBC. Finally, resistance check the TPS/IAC circuits the shop installed to make sure they were put in properly

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: drive by wire to cable ecu changes