Thank You Cowboys!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 09:22 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Talking Thank You Cowboys!

I didn't get to watch the game, but I was pleased to hear that they beat Manning and the Colts. I'm not a Manning fan, and Indy is in our AFC South division. Anytime they lose, it is a good day for the Texans.

Congrats!

Tony
Old 12-05-2010, 09:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasn't very optimistic about Garrett as a HC due to his poor performance as an OC, but it appears he has something in him and has atleast earned a shot at running this team next year. I'm just baffled to what happened to his playcalling and why it's changed since he became the HC.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
I didn't get to watch the game, but I was pleased to hear that they beat Manning and the Colts. I'm not a Manning fan, and Indy is in our AFC South division. Anytime they lose, it is a good day for the Texans.

Congrats!

Tony
Glad we could assist you. Hopefully we'll see you in a Super Bowl one year.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the game was awesome and close. i was on the edge of my seat the whole time. and we came out with a win.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Staging Lane

2 things...

1.) It's never a good day to be a Texans fan.

2.) It doesn't really matter because the Texans suck and won't win the division no matter what happens.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Originally Posted by Head Hunter
I wasn't very optimistic about Garrett as a HC due to his poor performance as an OC, but it appears he has something in him and has atleast earned a shot at running this team next year. I'm just baffled to what happened to his playcalling and why it's changed since he became the HC.
No ****, was Wade screwing **** up or was Garrett sandbagging making Wade look bad...
Old 12-05-2010, 11:38 PM
Texas Director

Ahh, it now comes out. Tony is a closet Cowboys fan. ;-)

Gotta LOVE the Cowboys!
Old 12-05-2010, 11:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by trance565
2 things...

2.) It doesn't really matter because the Texans suck and won't win the division no matter what happens.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:45 AM
12 Second Club

GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 01:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Very surprised how our Cowboys are playing.. I agree, i think garrett might have been sabotaged wade phillips. How the hell does this cowboys team put up 30+ Points now every game!

Kitna is playing damn good football also. Sucks that we will lose Dez for the rest of the season.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
How the hell does this cowboys team put up 30+ Points now every game!
Really? How do people think Garrett was trying to sabotage Wade Phillip's job? If he was trying to do that, he'd been fired a long time ago.

The main problem under Phillips was lack of accountability. The players didn't care if they'd make a mistake on a play because they'd just come back to the sidelines and have Wade pat them on the back with no fear of getting punished for making stupid mistakes.

Now with Garrett, they know their jobs are on the line if they don't perform well.

I like what Garrett has done mid-season. Just think how much more disciplined this team will be under a full season with him. And with all players healthy again; Romo, Dez, Spears etc..
Old 12-06-2010, 08:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by trance565
2 things...

That's not nice.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mmiller
Ahh, it now comes out. Tony is a closet Cowboys fan. ;-)

Gotta LOVE the Cowboys!
Tony didn't want the Cowboys to win. He simply wanted the Colts to lose.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
Really? How do people think Garrett was trying to sabotage Wade Phillip's job? If he was trying to do that, he'd been fired a long time ago.

The main problem under Phillips was lack of accountability. The players didn't care if they'd make a mistake on a play because they'd just come back to the sidelines and have Wade pat them on the back with no fear of getting punished for making stupid mistakes.

Now with Garrett, they know their jobs are on the line if they don't perform well.

I like what Garrett has done mid-season. Just think how much more disciplined this team will be under a full season with him. And with all players healthy again; Romo, Dez, Spears etc..
The play calling is night and day - it's not just the execution that has vastly improved (credit to Garrett as a leader and enforcer) but what happeend to every other run being a shotgun draw and 10 bubble screens per game. Why weren't we running it 30 times a game and controlling the clock? Before Wade was fired, we were passing the ball 50x a game. Our RB's were struggling to find any rhythm whatsoever because they barely got 10 carries a game.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:00 AM
On The Tree

The girls won, which really means the Colts are a bad football team this year and Manning is out in left field. 4 int and 2 run back for a pick 6. I would have to give a big assist to Manning, b/c without him, the girls would have scored mayed 14 pts.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ProStreet_632
The girls won, which really means the Colts are a bad football team this year and Manning is out in left field. 4 int and 2 run back for a pick 6. I would have to give a big assist to Manning, b/c without him, the girls would have scored mayed 14 pts.
We would have just ran the ball all over them. Our third string back - (choice) is actually our best back imo. Barber and Felix went out with injuries two years ago and he proved he can hold his own and some, he held own.

Manning just doesnt have an O-line that can hold up against good D.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99CamVanillaTop
We would have just ran the ball all over them. Our third string back - (choice) is actually our best back imo. Barber and Felix went out with injuries two years ago and he proved he can hold his own and some, he held own.

Manning just doesnt have an O-line that can hold up against good D.

That might be true, but by the time you received the ball back, the score would have dictated what the game plan could have been. No biggy, they earned the win is all that counts, but you have to admit to throw 4 pics and still be able to score 35 pts is pretty badass, he just has no oline or d going for them.

Sucks that Bryant got hurt, even though I can't stand the girls I think he is an excellent player.

Please keep winning so the Texans get a higher draft pick as usual.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

I understand why Garrett is doing what he is doing but **** the season is blown lets pick up a good O lineman with a good draft pick and some recievers that actualy catch the ball. I hope JG gets rid of Roy Williams, thats hard for me to say being a UT fan but he sucks and is a waste of money.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I understand why Garrett is doing what he is doing but **** the season is blown lets pick up a good O lineman with a good draft pick and some recievers that actualy catch the ball. I hope JG gets rid of Roy Williams, thats hard for me to say being a UT fan but he sucks and is a waste of money.
This is the most retarded post I have ever seen... Cowboys arguably have the best core of WRs in the league... Dez Bryant (healthy), Miles, Roy, and Witten? Throw in Hurd or Ogletree, or Marty B if one of those go down... I'm not being a homer, just stating the obvious, WRs are not the problem. Plus we have a bigger need with the defensive secondary and O-line.

Roy has performed well enough to stay on the roster. He is not a problem.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:54 AM
12 Second Club

Dallas definitely needs a couple secondary players. A shutdown corner would be a nice Christmas present from JJ and Doug Free was getting manhandled by Freeny. Well Freeny pretty much mauls anyone that is put in front of him.