Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP part questions

Old 12-06-2010, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb TSP part questions

Hey guys i was going to order some parts in the near future and chose TSP for all the parts. I have a couple questions about the parts im ordering. ill be ordering a 233/239 cam, pacesetter headers, rumbler X pipe with true duals and turn offs before axle and a slp lid and a mail order tune from frost(screw hypertech). Here are my questions; since i have the 1.85 roller rocker set up can i purchase just the cam without extras, and if not what all do i need? i have a stock A4 LS1 with the 1.85 roller rocker setup so i think i have around 380ish hp? so how much horsepower i would have after all parts are installed and it has the tune? Thanks for your answers and the opinions you'll probably add with them!
Old 12-07-2010, 11:24 AM
b0b
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your rwhp goal is reasonable. There are a few other things to consider before getting around to worrying about your numbers though IMO. Your an A4, what is your stall situation?? That cam is kind of a donkey dick and will require at least 3500-3600 stall to optimize and get everything out of that cam that its capable of. That cam and a stock stall will leave you very disappointed. Have you talked to TSP yet about your parts list you have in mind. They can steer you in the right direction for sure, just tell them your goals and what you have so far for a list and they will do the rest. 1.85 RR are OK, but not exactly necessary from what I gather. What is your mileage on the engine? If its high, 100-120k plus you will need more than just the basics for a worth-while swap that will last. You will def need pushrods and springs of course. Also a LS2 chain or better, LS6 oil pump or better, LS7 lifters or better.. All of these are things you should look into before the RR's, but I got the impression that you already have the rockers, thats cool, so now just concentrate on the rest of the cam swap shopping list. Im sure others will chime in with helpful advice. Also try searching for lists of parts for a cam change, this topic is discussed constatly and there are a ton of threads answering most if not all of your questions.. Good Luck!

EDIT: Do you have 380rwhp right now? No, def not. I'd say with whats in your sig and an A4 310-340ish. Is this what your asking or what you will have once the cams in and tuned?

Last edited by b0b; 12-07-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Search this Thread