Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Grease for poly/rubber LCAs

Old 02-05-2004, 10:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Grease for poly/rubber LCAs

Hi all. I'm about to install some new poly/rubber LCAs on Saturday and have a quick question: What grease (if any) should I use on the rubber bushing? I tried searching around but couldn't really find anything. I'll be using some marine grease on the poly side. Any input is appreciated! Thanks
Old 02-06-2004, 12:59 PM
On The Tree

Talking

You don't greae the rubber, just get good silicone grease for the polys. Rubber does not need grease and may actually mess something up on there. The marine grease is okay for the polys, but you should really look at getting a better grade that is stickier so it lasts longer (and also will prevent those annoying squeaks you get with poly alot better too).
Old 02-06-2004, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

Cool, thanks for the help!
Old 02-06-2004, 08:00 PM
TECH Junkie

If you've got the BMR poly/rubber LCA's then the rubber end probably has a grease fitting, which you'll want to lube. I've always used a high quality chassis grease on my poly bushings with good success.
Old 02-07-2004, 02:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Use anti-seize on the poly bushings and nothing on the rubber. If using nothing on the rubber bushing bother you, use anti-seize on it too. No kidding, anti-seize works great.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fulton 1
If you've got the BMR poly/rubber LCA's then the rubber end probably has a grease fitting, which you'll want to lube. I've always used a high quality chassis grease on my poly bushings with good success.
Actually the BMR poly/rubbers do not have the grease fitting on the rubber side, since they are not supposed to be greased.

Grease the the rubber side just to put it in, you dont need to keep greasing it up. For the poly side, I put three shots of grease in the there and put some grease on the sides. That was about a month ago and there is some grease oozing out of the sides, which is a good thing. I used good old black grease. It has stayed on there through a couple good rains, and there arent any more squeeks.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
Actually the BMR poly/rubbers do not have the grease fitting on the rubber side, since they are not supposed to be greased.
The ones I had did have a grease fitting on the rubber end - maybe they've changed the design since then.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Fulton 1
The ones I had did have a grease fitting on the rubber end - maybe they've changed the design since then.
Ya, they changed it since then. I just put some anti-seize on the rubber end. Worked like a champ. There's zero noise after the install. Thanks for the help everyone!

Old 02-09-2004, 12:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

When I put my BMR lcas on 8500 miles ago, I just shot the poly end with 3 pumps of normal chasis grease. I took them off this weekend for some G2 LCAs and it still had plenty of grease on it and in it.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evilluc
Ya, they changed it since then. I just put some anti-seize on the rubber end. Worked like a champ. There's zero noise after the install. Thanks for the help everyone!

So they don't use the grease fitting style any more on the LCA's with poly bushings?? I think that is what you meant...

I didn't know that stopped doing that, what is the reason?
Old 02-09-2004, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 2w0s060
So they don't use the grease fitting style any more on the LCA's with poly bushings?? I think that is what you meant...

I didn't know that stopped doing that, what is the reason?
There is a grease fitting on the poly end but not the rubber end. Sorry if that was unclear.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Grease for poly/rubber LCAs